Who we are looking for:
A Business Development Manager who will be at the heart of sourcing appropriate channel partners for our carefully-chosen end market segments. This means you are responsible for bringing on board these new channel partners and initially establishing sales opportunities within their clients before passing the account to the Channel Development Managers. You will build on excellent communication skills and product knowledge to pitch a new technological solution to both our channel partners and their prospective clients.
Producing pitches and presentations; identifying, qualifying and developing business opportunities whilst proactively tracking your leads will be daily tasks. Building business relationships with Ordo’s network of partners (as a key route to market) as well as with direct clients will also be essential
Working in a small commercial team and supporting a Head of Sales and a Commercial Director, this is the perfect job for someone who wants to proactively apply their business development skills across a range of different market segments. Additionally, the Business Development Manager will work closely with the whole leadership team at Ordo and develop a strong relationship with our product team in particular. This job will suit someone who wants to proactively apply their business development skills across a range of different market segments. You will be expected to be able to operate largely self-sufficiently in a hybrid working environment from our offices in London with support from the team.
- Developing new channel partners in the market segments we target
- Taking a lead role in the development of the commercial proposals and presentations
- Identify trends and customer needs within our partner’s client base, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Develop revenues through Ordo’s channel partners by supporting their sales teams to pitch the Ordo proposition effectively to their clients.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends to develop strategy with internal stakeholders
- Manage proposal response process for nominated channels, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation and overseeing inputs from various sources across
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; recommend pricing for proactive bids to and with our channel partners,
- Attend channel events where required and help with delivering messages and collateral
- SaaS environment Sales experience
- Start-up experience ideal!
- Able to maintain focus on the delivery of channel and customer revenue targets
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills with a deep understanding of identifying and securing support from within our chosen partners’ decision makers
- Commercial awareness for both ‘big picture’ and detailed levels of communication
- Initiative, drive, confident and a proactive attitude to driving new business through our chosen channel partners
- Effective negotiation, presentation (including speaking in public) and demonstration skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels across a diverse range of organisations, internally and externally
- Ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions and assimilate and manage multiple views from stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Honesty – we are open and honest in our dealings within our organisation and in our interaction with our clients
- Trust – we are both trusted by our clients and regarded as trustworthy partners
- Delivery – we are focused on the delivery of solutions that are within our organisation’s capabilities and meet our clients’ declared needs
- Diversity – we value that diversity within our team brings core strengths, a source of competitive advantage and a more engaging work environment
- Value – we identify benefits to make our solution more valuable to our clients
- Engaging – we are analytical, thoughtful, collaborative and ethical
- Integrity – we have business and intellectual integrity which manifests in well thought-through solutions
- Generosity – we are generous with time & knowledge for our own people and our clients
- Innovative – within our sector, we are progressive in our solutions and, through our clients’ offerings, hidden disruptors
£50k starting salary, we will pay a quarterly bonus of up to 25% of salary in attractive options on achievement of the channel wins by volume and potential revenue. All our staff currently receive an annual share option award so everyone can participate in our future company success.